Saturday, July 12, 2008
Rotisserie Chicken 4 Ways. Part Four: Chicken Black Bean Soup
- shredded chicken portion from the rotisserie
- leftover beans from chicken verde
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapenos, minced
- 3 cup of chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in soup pan. Toss in garlic, onion, tomatoes, jalapenos. Stir until onion turn translucent.
- Add in black beans. Stir.
- Pour chicken broth to the pot. Stir. When it just starts to boil, turn the heat down to low. Either mash the black beans with the back of wooden spoon. Or, using handblender, blend it for couple seconds. The idea is to puree only some of the black beans, not the entire pot of black beans. It should not turn into smooth black bean puree. :)
- Toss in shredded chicken. Stir, and let it come to boil again. Seasoned.
- Garnish with green onions or snip of cilantro.