It's a good dish for a little bit windy, chilly, rainy night. Tangy sourness from tamarind, spicy heat from the bird eye chillies.
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp of grated ginger
- 2 bird eye red chillies
- 1 small tomatoes, quarter
- 2 shallots, chopped finely
- 1/2 cube of beef bullion (mix to little bit of warm water)
- 2 leaves of napa cabbage, chopped roughly
- 3 stalk chives, chopped to 4 cm length
- Heat oil in pan, stir in garlic, grated ginger, shallots and chillies. When shallots start to soften, stir in tomatoes.
- Pour in beef buillion mixture, stir. Toss in napa cabbage, stir, follow with shrimps. The napa cabbage should still be crispy, hence, once the cabbage goes into the wok, just stir once before adding the shrimp.
- When shrimp is half-cooked, pour in tamarind juice. Let it boil quickly.
- Right before moving the wok from heat, toss in chives and stir.