- 2 cups yogurt
- 3 tbsp besan flour (gram flour)
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 cinammon stick, break to half
- 3 cloves
- 5 curry leaves
- jaggery (about 3 tsp), can be substitute with sugar if have to
- ghee/ oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Mix the yogurt, water, salt and gram flour in mixing bowl, beat well until there is no lumps.
- Add grated ginger, green chillies, curry leaves, cinnamon stick, cloves, jaggery/sugar.
- Pour the mixture into cooking pot and cook on low heat, stir occassionally.
- While yogurt mixture is simmering, temper the spices.
- Heat oil/ ghee, add mustard and cumin seeds. Once they crackle, add asafoetida, chilies, fenugreek seeds. Let it fry for couple minutes.
- Add tempered spices to yogurt mixture. Stir. Let it come to slow bubble.
- Garnish with finely chopped cilantro before serving.