Friday, June 27, 2008
Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
- chicken, cubed
- dried shitake mushroom, soaked in warm water, once soften, sliced
- dried red peppers, soaked in warm water, it will get a little plumped up and soft.
- garlic, chopped finely
- ginger, chopped finely
- sesame oil
- canola oil
- black bean paste
- oyster sauce
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of canola oil in the wok. Once hot, toss in garlic and ginger.
- Add in the red peppers. Stir until fragrant.
- Add in black bean paste and oyster sauce. Stir. Add chicken.
- When chicken is almost cooked through (just couple minutes), add in mushroom.
- Add zucchini last.
- Right before removing it from the heat, drizzle some sesame oil to it.
I made this from leftover things in the fridge. Half of chicken breast, half zucchini, and about 4 ears of mushroom. Easy and quick lunch.