Monday, June 23, 2008
Fried Noodle (Mie Goreng)
- 350 gr noodles (I use fresh kind from Asian grocery store. If you buy those dry kind ones, read the package on how to boil/cook it - some only need soaking in boiling water, some require cooking it in boiling water)
- 3 red chilies
- 3 medium size shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander (ketumbar)
- 1/2 block of maggi chicken bullion (only if you have it, it's okay if you don't), mix with tiny bit of warm water.
- 1/2 onions, sliced
- 1 medium size tomatoes, sliced.
- bell peppers
- chives (or green onions, whichever you prefer), cut to 4 cm length.
- bok choy
- shrimp, deveined and shelled.
- cooked chicken
- soy sauce
- sweet soy sauce
The vegetables and meat can be adjusted according to taste, or what it's in the fridge. :)
- Grind shallots, garlic, coriander, maggi block, and chilies to paste. This is my preference. But to it's completely fine just to chop them up very finely and mix it with coriander and maggi block.
- Add oil to wok, when it is hot, toss spice paste to it. Fry until fragrance.
- Add onions and tomatoes. Stir until it's soft. Then goes into it, carrots, bellpepper, cabbaga. Stir for couple minutes.
- Add noodles. Stir. Add both kind of soy sauce, to taste. Stir.
- Add shrimp and chicken. Mix them thoroughly.
- Last, add chives and bok choy.
- If you have fried shallots, sprinkle some of them on top of it. Yum! Or, shredded omelette.