Beside the thick dumplings skin in the fridge, there is also a thawing box of puff pastry that I was planning to use for making quick breakfast 'danish' the next day. Just slap some preserves on it or chopped ham and eggs filling. Yum! But well, we ended up using it as another addition to our siomai and green onions crepe duo.
- 1 sheet of store bought puff pastry (10x10)
- 1/2 box of frozen spinach, thawed and squeeze all the water out
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 3-4 basil, cut into confetti
- 1/4 cup of parmesan
- red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of sour cream (optional)
- 1 egg beaten
- sweet paprika
- Mix spinach, nutmeg, cheddar, parmesan, basil, red pepper flakes, sour cream and 1/2 portion of beaten egg, stir well.
- Lay pastry on parchment paper, spread filling on top of pastry. Roll. Wrap rolled pastry with parchment paper. Slide it back to freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Take pastry out, cut into 1" thick pinwheel. Place on baking sheet (wheel side up), brush with eggwash and sprinkle with sweet paprika.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or golden brown.